5 Best Travel Mugs with handles
If you travel a lot, chances are that you carry your own mug along with you on every travel. Whether it is traveling on a train, or going on a trek, it is recommended that you keep your own mug. Mug with handle makes our lives a whole lot easier. In this post, we will discuss the best travel mugs with handles.
When purchasing a Mug, there are a few things that should be kept in mind:
- It should not leak.
- Keeps your Coffee/Drinks warm
- Should be durable
So, our list has been made in such a manner that all the points mentioned above are fulfilled.
Best Travel mugs with Handles
Thermos Stainless King 16
As the name suggests, This is one of the best travel mug with handle that can manage to keep your drink at the desired temperatures for long hours.
It has the following features:
- Thermos vacuum insulation technology for maximum temperature retention, hot or cold, keeps liquids hot for 5 hours and cold for 9 hours
- Durable stainless steel interior and exterior
- Cool to the touch with hot liquids, sweat proof with cold
- Built in tea hook, easily holds tea bags or most loose leaf infusers
- Fits most automobile cup holders; single serve compatible
The list keeps the contents secure, and the lever is very easy to use to switch from open to closed and back. When open, the contents flow easily (but not too fast) to your mouth. The rim of the mug is comfortable to drink from.
When closed, I left the mug on its side beside me on my bagpack for extended periods and not a single drop has escaped. The lid seals in such a way that even if it must be unscrewed a slight turn in order to line up the opening with my mouth, it is still sealed. I’ve even turned it upside down with no leaks.
The best part of this mug is its ability to maintain temperature. I made a fresh mug of hot coffee at 1:00pm and lazily sipped at it for an hour. I had to leave the house to work on a project for a couple of hours, and didn’t get back to my coffee until 5:30pm.
But, I was further distracted at home and didn’t really get back to my coffee until 7:30pm (6 and a half hours after making the coffee). It was still hot, in fact still so hot I could still only sip at it.
It has been one of my travel partner for quite some time and I can’t go wrong recommending it.
Contigo SNAPSEAL Superior
This is the most affordable and a No Brain-er option. The mug offers the following features:
- Leak-proof lid (when closed) for on-the-go convenience
- Drinks stay hot up to 6 hours or cold up to 12 thanks to THERMALOCK stainless steel vacuum insulation
- Lid engineered to thread in either direction so handle can be used by a lefty or a righty
- Fits most car cup holders for a no-hassle commute
- Top-rack dishwasher-safe lid; hand-wash-only stainless steel body
This cup manages to keep the drinks at the desired temperature for hours and hours. It is, however, a bit difficult to open and close, which severely limits its use if you are driving. This might be done to prevent leaking, but it is a must to know while purchasing
If you use it for a carbonated beverage, be prepared to get sprayed with each opening and closing. Drinking often allows a sip to have 1 drop drip down one’s chin, which is never a good thing especially if the beverage is hot! But for around the home, treks and general travel if you want something that’s attractive, and won’t spill, this is perfect!
Contigo Snapseal Byron
This is one of the most durable one on this list. Having something this durable during travels makes sure that you can go to some really tough places without an ounce of worry about your mug.
The mug offers the following features:
- Snapseal lid technology is leak proof when closed
- Drinks stay hot up to 7 hours or cold up to 18 with Thermalock vacuum insulation
- Easy one handed drinking with a flip of the lid
- Fits most car cup holders for a no hassle commute
- Top rack dishwasher safe lid; Hand wash only stainless steel body
- 100 percent BPA free
Turn it upside down. Give it a shake. Let it roll under the seat. Drop it in the floor. This thing NEVER leaks!
It is most important to read the instructions to get that leak proof seal. I did not the first time I tried, and I did not enjoy the result. You have to put the cup on a stable surface and turn the lid counter clockwise until year hear/feel it click. Then turn it clockwise to tighten.
The first time you do this, hold it over the sink and tilt it to see if it leaks. If it does, try again. I did not clearly understand what “click” I was listening for the first time, but it is very easy to seal if you wait for that click and feel the lid pop into place. Once it is sealed, it will not leak.
Beware of the heat. This is not like many travel mugs that cool quickly, so you want that morning coffee to be a comfortable to drink temperature when you fill the cup if you want to enjoy it on your morning commute. It takes a long time to cool in this thermal cup. In fact, I have filled it early evening with the last of a pot and enjoyed it the next early morning. It isn’t hot by any means in the morning, but it is warm enough to drink while a fresh pot is brewing. Another Hotshot that is worth mentioning and a worthy purchase.
If you’re not satisfied with regular dull looking mugs and need something that stands out, this is something that you need to look for. This mug is available for purchase in over 20+ shades.
- KEEPS COLD UP TO 9 HOURS, HOT UP TO 3 HOURS. Copper coated insulated travel mug is double-walled and vacuum sealed with thick, professional grade 18/8 stainless steel.
- NON-SLIP SILICONE BASE keeps your travel mug tumbler from tipping over or making too much noise when you set them down.
- DISHWASHER SAFE coffee cup for easy cleaning. All Swig Life travel mugs and accessories (lids and bases) are top-rack dishwasher safe.
- SEAL-TITE TRITAN LID is BPA free, spill resistant and shatterproof, with a straw friendly opening.
- OVER 20 COLORS AND PRINTS to choose from makes Swig Life travel mugs the best gifts for women or men, mom or dad, teachers or students.
This mug performs as well as any other double walled vacuum cup. What makes this mug better than other mugs is the attention to detail that Swig has included in its design.
The tight fitting lid doesn’t leak, and stays put if the mug is tipped over. The silicone base is anti slip, and doesn’t leave cup rings on my desk. The design of the mug is classy, and I also love the 18 oz capacity. I really like the look of this mug, the durable powder coat looks great.
A wonderful looking travel partner waiting for you right away!
Civago Stainless Steel Coffee Mug
If you are some one who loves mature looks, this might be the perfect mug for you. It features just a single color and has that traditional mug feel, that goes well with camping and trekking vibes.
- 12 oz Capacity
- Crystal Clear Splash Proof Lid
- Dust-Proof & BPA-Free
- SWEAT Free Technology, Flavor FREE, No Metallic Aftertaste
- Rust proof 304 18/8 Food Grade Stainless Steel Construction
- Double Walled Vacuum Thermal Insulation
This is a nice mug. I really like the flat handle, as most have a round one, which I don’t like.
If you use it properly with lid, it can hold the desired temperature for a decent period of time.
Don’t use a dish brush to clean as it will scratch the inside of the mug, but it’s merely an aesthetic mar. Also, I really like the exterior’s powder coating because it gives the mug a nicer appearance. Another big plus is that there’s no logo or writing on the exterior. The only negative is that the lid has no sliding piece to cover the lid’s hole.
This completes our list of the best travel mugs with handles. Lets have a quick round of FAQs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are travel mugs safe?
Is it bad to drink out of stainless steel mug?
Infact, it is more safer than a plastic bottle.
Stainless Steel Is Completely Toxin Free.
Even BPA-free bottles contain other toxins that can leak into the water you’re drinking, especially if bottles are exposed to heat or are sat around for some time.
Travelling mug with a handle and a lid is always a pleasure compared to the traditional mugs as they come with the added advantages. If you want something funky and classy you can go with Swig Life. However, the best mug according to us is the Thermos Stainless Steel King as it is the most sturdy and durable one in this list. This makes it the perfect companion for travel.
If you have any doubts or queries, feel free to ask them in the comments below.