Let’s be Honest. We know that the best 177 pellets for hunting pellets will not have the same power as the .22 pellets or even the .25 ones. But we need to agree that they are a lot of fun to shoot, and more pocket friendly, and these are the go-to ones to practice your shooting/hunting skills if you are a beginner.
Investing in an excellent air gun for better performance should be your top priority. Apart from that, you should also have a accurate shot placement. As you’ll see in our 177 pellet reviews, with the right set up, you can hunt down some small animals like squirrels, sparrows, etc. pretty easily. Or just enjoy a spot of target practice or plinking.
These make hunting fun and are designed in a way to improve and enhance the performance of your air rifles at the same time ensuring enough power and the force to get successful humane kills.
As much as you like to invest in an excellent firearm or your weapon, the pellet is what makes all the difference when it comes to its great ability and better accuracy.
The .177 pellets are the tiniest ones. In theory, this would give them the lowest power. However, with advancements in technology and scientific modernization, you can expect some .177s with good strength in these tiny bullets. That is why you need to get the best .177 pellets for your game.
*The product links in this post are affiliate links, which means that if you purchase after following one, I make a small commission from the sale at no additional cost to yourself. Please see our disclosure page for more information.
You may also like:
177 pellet reviews – Top 10 for hunting, target practice and accuracy
1. JSB EXACT.177 Caliber | Best 177 pellet for accuracy
- Hollow point design, alongside its extremely high ballistic coefficient, means less drag and more energy delivery at the target.
- Round nose which helps in delivering improved flight stabilization
- Heavyweight makes it ideal as a hunting pellet
- Meant for optimum accuracy and knockdown power
The JSB Exact are some really heavy-hitting pellets that can really pack a punch. They do not have a hole in the center like a hollow point one.
This gives you the benefit of heavier weight which as result gives more force to these little buddies.
These have less drag on your air guns which basically means that you deliver more energy in shooting your target. What makes it a sure deal is that these are also surprisingly accurate.
Long-distance shooting is all the way more fun with these. The long-distance accuracy makes it so easy to shoot and makes it a killer pellet for long distances.
If you are wondering about the round shape, the round nose pellet shape is made to aid and improve flight stabilization.
2. Haendler & Natermann (H&N) Baracuda Pellets Match Domed .177 Hunting Pellets
- Excellent for hunting small game and target shooting / Match grade quality
- Content: 500
- Pellet Caliber/Weight: .177 Caliber / 10.65 Grains
- For air rifle with a minimum muzzle energy of 12 ft. lbs
- Screw-on lid prevents accidental spills
Look no further if you’re trying to find the perfect combination of superior accuracy and consistency. These are the factors that make the Haendler & Natermann Baracuda excellent to be used with an air pistol. Also, they are my favorite and most accurate .177 pellets for my air guns and pistols.
Due to its weight of 10.65 grains, it makes a lesser noise as its velocity slows down and as a result, it makes a quieter explosion which will not make any sort of unneeded disturbance around the neighborhood.
The Baracuda Hunter Extreme can also be a good competitor and can be used in shooting competitions as these .177 pellets don’t interfere with the speed of sound and thus, it’ll stay in its course as soon as it is fired.
The product comes with a round nose or dome shape. This round nose shape is preferred by many because it is the most versatile due to its aerodynamic ability and qualities.
It fares decently in terms of grouping and drags since it can resist wind quite well. But distances over 60 – 65 yards can be a bit difficult for kill shots.
Another fact about domed shape is that it comes with a greater measure of ability to overcome air resistance in flight. Thus, this product is good for vermins too, if they trouble you at all.
The aerodynamic shape and excellent energy that this type of ammo shape provides fit high powered airguns well.
Thus far, the Barracudas have excelled when in almost all the areas involving high precision, consistency, aiming at longer ranges, and flexibility.
3. Crosman P1250 | Best 177 pellets for hunting
- Aerodynamic pellets for better travel
- 1250 per Box
- 7.4 Grains weight each
- Ideal for pest control, small target shooting, or large pest control
If you are into hunting you know that Crosman is a renowned brand. Its popularity among shooters is mainly because of its quality air gun and other shooting accessories.
Crosman has not failed to leave its mark. The Field .177 Caliber pellets are one among the great ones and the best .177 pellets. These come at a really reasonable and are affordable price pellets.
In spite of the lower price, they are made from premium-grade quality lead. These are specially made for plinking. These come in an excellent pointy head.
The 0.177 cal pellets allow you to shoot from a long distance. Each pellet weighs around 7.4 grains of weight. This really helps in getting an accurate shot.
Moreover, the tiny carton box accommodates 1250 lead pellets. These are perfect for pest control, small target shooting, or large pest control. You can use these best 177 pellets for hunting rabbits, squirrels, raccoons, or other small mammals.
4. Gamo Rocket .177 Cal Ballistic Tip | Most accurate .177 pellets
- Hardened steel tip
- Velocity: 866 feet per second (fps) from the muzzle, 773 fps over 10 yards, 657 fps over 30 yards
- Kinetic energy from the muzzle: 18 ft/lbs, 14.4 ft/lbs. at 10 yards and 10.4 ft/lbs. at 30)
- Pellet weight: 9.6 grains
When you need accuracy and performance, the Gamo Rocket .177 Ballistic Tip is an awesome choice. Designed for both air guns and high power air rifles, this high-quality ammunition reliably delivers impressive results (even under damp conditions!).
Gamo Rocket air gun pellets combine Gamo performance lead with a hardened steel tip to yield enhanced penetration and shock impact with precision accuracy.
Looking at the specification you can see that the velocity for this pellet is 866 feet per second (fps) which is greater than the average air gun pellet, along with being able to penetrate deeper into objects without compromising accuracy.
5. Haendler & Natermann H&N Hornet Pointed Airgun Pellets .177 Caliber
- Perfect for air pistols and air rifles with a minimum muzzle energy of 5.5 ft.lbs
- Brass pointed design
- High impact resistance
- Screw-on lid
The Haendler & Natermann H&N Hornet Pointed Airgun Pellets are some of the best on the market. With their brass tips, they can withstand a lot of impact without deforming.
The pointed design also gives them a lot of piercing power, so you can take down your prey with ease. They come in a screw-on lid container that prevents accidental pellet spills. And for air pistols/rifles with a minimum muzzle energy of 5.5 ft. lbs, these are the perfect choice for you.
- Excellent for hunting/ Maximum piercing power
6. Olympia Shot Domed Heavy Air Gun .177 hunting Pellets
- Effective Penetration upon target impact
- Domed Head
- 8.44 Grain
- Manufactured utilizing the highest quality machinery
While Olympia is still a relatively new brand to the US air gun pellet market, you can buy with confidence knowing that these Shot Domed Heavy Air Gun Pellets are some of the best on the market.
They are manufactured utilizing the highest quality machinery and components, and they are tested after production to ensure the high precision, quality, and accuracy meet our standards before being released to the customer.
The Domed Heavy pellets are designed to excel in both Field Target and Hunting Field Target competitions where high accuracy at long distances is key to victory. Given their heavy weight and domed head, these Olympia Shot pellets are very effective in penetrating the target upon impact.
- QUALITY: Olympia Shot pellets are manufactured utilizing the highest quality machinery and components.
7. GAMO Red Fire .177 Caliber | Best air rifle Pellets
- Designed for hunting
- Enhances the mushrooming effect
- Comes with 150 pellets
- Very accurate and higher velocity
- Pellet weight: 7.8 grains
The GAMO Red Fire .177 caliber pellets are some of the best on the market. They are designed for intense penetration, and the force of impact drives the red diamond-shaped polymer tip back into the cylindrical jacket material, forcing it to expand outwards. This increases the diameter of the projectile as it passes through the intended target, creating a mushrooming effect on impact.
These premier pellets are engineered for hunting, and they provide great accuracy and higher velocity. The grouping is 0.25 inches at 10 yards, and the pellet weight is 7.8 grains. The GAMO Red Fire .177 Caliber Pellets come with 150 pellets and a cartridge.
GAMO is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of high-quality airguns, pellets, and accessories. The Red Fire pellets are excellent products by a company that knows what they’s doing.
8. RWS Supermag Field Line Air Rifle Best 177 pellets for long range
- Excellently Balanced for optimum Accuracy and Knockdown power
- 9.3 grain weight
- High Powered
- Classic Diablo Shape
The RWS SuperMag Field Line Pellets are heavy, making them particularly well-suited for high-powered air rifles. They are perfectly balanced for amazing accuracy and deliver devastating knockdown power.
They have the classic Diablo shape and at 9.3 grains, they fly with maximum energy and are the perfect balance between velocity and weight. These pellets are great for long-range shooting, bringing down rabbits at close range, or just plinking around.
They are also compatible with most air rifles on the market today. Even the tin (500 count tins) are manufactured in Germany by RWS.
- Extra heavy pellet weight
9. Winchester Flat Nose .177 Caliber | Best 177 pellets for target shooting
- 500 counts per tin
- 9.6 grains
The Winchester flat nose .177 caliber pellets are the best low-cost solution for target practice and small game hunting.
These .177 caliber pellets are perfect for any type of low-gauge air rifle with excellent accuracy without breaking the bank. They carry enough energy so you can feel confident they will reach your target each time while being affordable.
It can be used to hunt small game, shoot targets, or just plink around the backyard; it is a good all-around recreational pellet.
10. H&N Baracuda Hunter Extreme | best 177 pellet for accuracy
- 4 notches in the head mean maximum force
- Cut-outs on side of the pellet help prevent barrel buildup
- Weight 9.57 gr
- Minimum Muzzle energy 12 ft. lbs
- Muzzle velocity 745 fps
- Max. Distance 50 m/55 yds
H&N produces a line of pellets that are well known to the hunter and enthusiast community alike. With roots dating back to 1825, H&N is a German manufacturer that has been trusted for over 150 years as a leader in the hunting supply industry.
The H&N Baracuda Hunter Extreme Hollowpoint Airgun Pellets are an excellent choice for hunting small game, pest control, and target shooting. The 4 notches cut into the sides of the head lead to a mushrooming effect which means these pellets deliver maximum force on impact. You can use them in both small caliber air rifles up to magnum calibers with easeful clipping of side-notched cartridges.
Not only do the 4 notches create a more effective and deadly pellet, but they also help to prevent the build-up of lead pellets inside the barrel. When you purchase these pellets you can be sure that the performance of your air gun will remain unaltered by the heavy or exceptionally large amount of gunk build-up which is common with pellets without cutouts on the side.
The faster velocity of the pellet paired with its low weight means that target practice and hunting will be extremely accurate and easily done. Hunters who use these pellets to hunt small game such as nuisance animals will enjoy a higher hit rate, a more fulfilling experience in the field, and a greater chance for a harvest.
- Excellent for hunting / Max. shock effect
What to Look for When Buying your best .177 Pellets for Hunting
.177 pellets are best for hunting squirrels and small animals like birds and rabbits, but that doesn’t mean they are any less critical ammo .22 air rifles or .25 pellets used for the larger game. Although they do not have a large FPE, they are some of the fastest and most accurate pellets.
To ensure you get the best .177 pellets for hunting, you need to look out for these factors:
The Head Type
This is one of the most important features you should look out for when buying .177 hunting pellets, as it affects your extreme accuracy and speed. If you get the head type right, you’ve done a huge part of the job
There are five major pellet types you can get for your air gun, each with its different advantages and disadvantages. They are:
- Pointed Pellets: The pointed pellets are pointy. This form helps them maintain an aerodynamic design to retain their velocities for a long time, giving them consistent flight and more energy to penetrate small games. They are great for medium distances and work well with low to medium-powered air guns.
- Hollow Point Pellets: This type of pellet is hollow with a hole at the tip. This hollow point design causes the pellet to expand when it hits its target and causes a great deal of damage. They are very light and good for short distances. However, traveling for long can cause it to drop velocity.
- Domed Pellets: Domed pellets are often seen as one of the best. They have a round nose and are more aerodynamic than other types of pellets. As for distance, they are very versatile and can work in all conditions. However, they tend to favor high-powered air pistols more than others.
- Wadcutter Pellets: If you are a small game hunter looking for cheap ammo, then wadcutter pellets might be the best for you. It is great for small games and short distances. They are also called flathead pellets.
- High-Velocity Pellets: They look different from the other regular pellet types because they have a plastic casing around them. This way, they create a tight seal within the barrel, ensuring that little air is lost when firing, and the rest of the air can be used to propel the pellet down the barrel, making it very fast.
What is the best weight of .177 pellet for hunting?
Heavier pellets are very impactful and destructive, a sure way to get your game shot down with minimal effort. However, they sacrifice a better-pronounced trajectory for this. Lighter pellets have a greater muzzle velocity, but they will lose their energy faster.
Experiment a lot with the weight and type of the pellet, and choose the faster and more accurate one in your air gun. At the end of the day, the best pellet is not the one that meets every single requirement in theory, but the one that can help you hit your target reliably from whatever distance you want.
Is .177 or .22 better for hunting?
.117 pellets have a higher velocity than .22 pellets but they have low muzzle energy. While the 22 pellets have low initial velocity but higher muzzle energy.
More slow pellets are increasingly exact. Thus, getting 0.177 gun pellets will profit all the beginner hunters out there. Odds are that these pellets will cause us to feel like an ace for the time being.
Not at all like in the past, a large number of us will begin hitting the focal point of the objective with extraordinary normality more than ever. As implied before, the entrance of .177 pellets is likewise adequate for sports shooting. Also, they are more reasonable than their friends.
How much to Pay for 0.177 Pellets?
Clearly, the cost isn’t carved in stone. Top-notch pellets may expect you to drop top dollars, which will, for the most part, perform to your likings. Obviously, cost-aware people out there may look for less expensive pellets to set aside some cash. These clients probably won’t get the best item.
On the off chance that you can bear to extend your pellets spending plan, organize quality over money to get the best blast for your 0.177 pellets bucks.
Obviously, some level of research would be required in light of the fact that increasingly costly pellets can likewise convey dreary execution.
How to Choose the Best 0.177 Pellets for your Gun?
The contrast between excellent 177 pellets and mediocre ones can be like someone flipped a switch. From pointed ones, roundheads, and that’s only the tip of the iceberg, there are various decisions accessible for various orders. Things being what they are, which one would it be a good idea for you to get?
For the individuals who don’t know, pointed pellets are exceptionally appropriate for hunting purposes since they enter the objective superior to the rest. They truly offer one-shot executes on little targets. Likewise, they weigh not exactly their companions. Even better, they are more reasonable than different plans accessible in the market nowadays.
Be sure to look at the things you might like to consider in our more in-depth article here.
Any Hollow Pellets Good for Plinking?
You can use any pellet for plinking, even your old dusty ones. The preferred choice, however, is the wadcutter.
What are the Best Hunting Pellets Calibre is Good for Pest Control?
The .177 pellet is better for dealing with pests at close range, like rabbits in your garden.
Getting the best 177 pellets should not become a reason to not prepare your shooting abilities. All things considered, poor shooting strategy would bring about an unwanted bad performance, regardless of whether you get the best pellets accessible in the market